Monday, June 26, 2017

Make-A-List Monday - Crunch Time!!

Hi, all!

Welcome to Monday, and a whole new week - a fresh start and a clean slate, right?  Or a continuation of ongoing projects... either one works!  I'm coming into a really busy time, and starting to feel a little overwhelmed - so my lists are more important than ever!  First of all, let's look at last week's list....


1.  Finish the t-shirt commission quilt.
Almost!  I finished the quilting today, and tomorrow morning early I will put on the binding and run it through the wash.  


2.  Work on the 12 Days of Christmas in July quilt and tutorial.
In progress!  The top is finished, and my tutorial notes are ready to be transcribed  deciphered.  Pics are taken for the tutorial too!


3. Keep working on the pineapple blocks for the Long Time Gone quilt.
I made one lonely little block last week - but hey, one block is better than none, right?

4.  Quilt two H2H quilts. 
(Boy am I glad Emily takes quilts all year long!)
I still haven't gotten to this, and I think it's going to have to take a back burner for a couple of weeks.  You'll see why in a few minutes...

5.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
It was a quiet week, thankfully!  This quilt went to a woman with lung and brain cancer...



...and this one went to a woman just diagnosed with breast cancer.


This quilt went to a man with colon cancer.


So that's what my week looked like last week.  And I looked at my calendar of upcoming deadlines and about fell over.  I have nine projects in the works that must be finished at various times over the next ten weeks or so!  So as I said in the title of this post, it's crunch time!!!  Here's the list for this week...

1.  Finish and deliver the t-shirt commission quilt.

2.  Meet with a new customer about quilting her two t-shirt quilts.

3.  Order fabrics for a new commission quilt - a photo quilt this time!

4.  Quilt the 12 Days of Christmas in July (12DCIJ) quilt.

5.  Start writing the tutorial for the 12DCIJ quilt.

6.  Cut out the pieces for a new project for Free Spirit Fabrics.

7.  Make some progress on the Long Time Gone quilt - I really want to enter this quilt in our local quilt show in September!

8.  Pull the fabrics for quilts for my twin nieces, due in September/October!

9.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

See what I meant about crunch time?  I can get all of this done, but it's going to take a lot of concentration and willpower!!  (And maybe a really good book on Audible...)


Must. Keep. Balls. In. The. Air.......

And now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. so much done but so much more to do, some lovely quilts have been donated to those poor people who are so unwell. Christmas quilt looks super too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts!! I finally finished quilting all of my baby sized quilts - and just have two to finish the binding on. Somehow my quilt tops always get way ahead of me :)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!